[Freedombox-discuss] How do we handle package upgrades on the Freedombox?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Apr 14 20:41:30 UTC 2014

I've been running an old freedombox image for a while, and upgraded it
regularly, and so far I have seen two conffile questions, one for
/etc/dnsmasq.conf and another for /etc/tor/torrc.  I assume upgrades
should be handled using the plinth interface or using the
unattended-upgrades package, and I suspect neither option will handle
conffile questions well.

Did any of you figure out how we should handle upgrading the deb
packages installed on a freedombox, for security fixes and newer
versions?

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen