[Freedombox-discuss] Setup Questions

Anders Jackson anders.jackson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 00:26:58 UTC 2014

Den 23 apr 2014 18:09 skrev "Chris Troutner" <chris.troutner at gmail.com>:

> Hey all,
>
> I stumbled a bit when trying to setup my freedom box. I'm hoping the
collective knowledge in this group can help me recover.

> Additional notes on the questions below are posted on my running
Freedombox blog:
> http://experimentsinfreedom.wordpress.com/
>
> 1. Extending the file system
> The v0.2 Raspberry Pi image is 3GB, but I installed it on a 8GB SD card.
I've seen several times that I can/should extend the file system, however,
I haven't see any instructions on how to do this.

> Do I used parted? If so, can someone recommend the exact instructions to
use? I think the chance of me screwing up the disk with parted is pretty
high.

Or install lvm2, mark the partition that is the rest (or make it a LVM
partition in fdisk). Much more flexibility with practically no cost. Easy
to create, remove and resize "partitions" (logical volumes).

sudo aptitude install lvm2
sudo pvcreate /dev/sdaX
sudo vgcreate mydata /dev/sdaX
sudo lvcreate --name data --size 1G mydata
sudo lvresize --size +1G /dev/mapper/mydata-data
sudo mkfs /dev/mapper/mydata-data
sudo mount /dev/mapper/mydata-data /mnt
sudo vgdisplay; sudo lvdisplay

(Please check manual, this is straight from top of my head)

> 2. Pagekite

I don't, I uses IPv6 tunnel. But that isn't an answer to your question. ;-)

> Cheers!
>
> -Chris Troutner
> http://sanjuansufficiency.com

/Anders