[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox Interface Design And Development

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Fri Apr 25 21:37:13 UTC 2014

Hi Luka,

Quoting Luka Marčetić (2014-04-25 21:34:33)
> I too once thought one of the main features -- nay, *the* main feature
> of FB is that it offered decentralization.
> However, when I argued this (at the time, I think stated as one of the
> goals, but since removed) back in 2010, Jonas Smedegaard et al were
> disagreeing.

I guess you mean this (and surrounding thread):
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2010-October/000166.html

Not sure what it is exactly you say that we disagree on.

> Since then (and because of that), I've lost track of the project,

Right - seems this was your (until now) last post to this list:
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/freedombox-discuss/2011-March/000937.html

My response to that last mail shows what rude asshole I am.  But also it
hints at what actually needs done for FreedomBox to progress: Someone
needs to package those inventions floating around out there - and
maintain those packages.

Noone responded to that email.  I believe those particular projects have
not yet entered Debian, which means it will probably take several years
more before those exciting projects stabilize to a point usable for
non-techies like FreedomBox users.