[Freedombox-discuss] Trouble Building Raspberry Pi Image

Chris Troutner chris.troutner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 17:12:44 UTC 2014

Hey all,

I've been reaching out to the #freedombox IRC channel on this, but so far
haven't gotten anywhere. I thought I'd post the issue to the mailing list
in order expose the issues to more eyeballs.

In my running blog (http://experimentsinfreedom.wordpress.com/) I
documented how I was able to download Pere's image to get my Raspberry Pi
up and running. However, I'd like to be able to build and customize my own
images, as well get a better grasp of the inner workings of the build.

I am building the image with this command:

make -C freedom-maker raspberry-image

The screen output can be seen here:
http://paste.debian.net/96297/

The freedombox.log file created during the build can be found here:
http://paste.debian.net/96435/

The problem I'm having is that the image is getting built, but it doesn't
boot when burned the card and inserted into the Raspberry Pi. I know the
issue isn't how I'm burning the image to SD card, because I use the same
method to burn Pere's image (which works).

Many of the warnings, such as the qemu, debconf, and policy-rc.d, were
indicated to me in the chat-room as being expected and not show stoppers.
If anyone has some insight as to why this image won't boot, I'd sure like
to hear it.

Thanks!

Chris Troutner
http://sanjuansufficiency.com