[Freedombox-discuss] FYI: Open Hardware Project beaglebone black moves to debian

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Tue Apr 29 17:54:57 UTC 2014

[ST]
> a candidate for Freedombox?
>
> http://linuxgizmos.com/beaglebone-black-rev-c-doubles-flash-moves-to-debian/

Yes.  I just merged the first adjustments to freedombox-setup to build
images for the beaglebone today.  Got the patches from James Valleroy.
See the git repository for the changes.  I disabled the code to
download kernel stuff from the web, as I dislike the approach and
would rather depend only on packages in Debian.

It is bad enough to have to download binary blobs for the Raspberry
Pi, but it got a million units spread arond the globe, which made me
accept that approach anyway for share marketing purposes.  I really do
not want to use that approach for other hardware opions..

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen