[Freedombox-discuss] mac address randomization

Boruch Baum boruch_baum at gmx.com
Sun Feb 16 19:03:28 UTC 2014

On 02/15/2014 08:37 PM, Carlos Alberto Lopez Perez wrote:
> On 15/01/14 23:50, Boruch Baum wrote:
>> I've just posted to github a script and data file to make it easier to
>> more intelligently produce random mac addresses for many use-cases.
>>
>>     https://github.com/Boruch-Baum/mac_changer_choice
>>

> Where you aware of the package macchanger on Debian?

Yes!

The original version of my script, in fact, used macchanger, and its
purpose was to add more functionality than macchanger has (see the
readme on the github page).

The current version of the script removes its dependency on macchanger,
because macchanger 1.7 introduced a serious bug that stops randomizing
half of the mac address.

Someone on another list just brought to my attention that there is a
third package,

     https://github.com/EtiennePerot/macchiato

I haven't looked at this third package yet; it seems to limit itself to
boot-time mac address assignments.

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1  7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0