[Freedombox-discuss] Automatic testing of freedombox-setup operational (ci.debian.net)

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Jul 30 12:17:41 UTC 2014

For a few days ago, I uploaded a new version of freedombox-setup with
a autopkgtest script to test the package.  The result is now finally
available from <URL: http://ci.debian.net/#package/freedombox-setup >,
and show a failing installation.  Most of the failure is because the
test script print stuff on stderr, which ci.debian.net consider to
indicate a failure.  This should be fixed in our package.

But the most important part of the test log is this (which do not
cause the test script to report an error, which I believe should be
changed):

  running /usr/lib/freedombox/setup.d/85_jwchat
  cat: /etc/hostname: No such file or directory
  cat: /etc/hostname: No such file or directory
  Reading package lists...
  Building dependency tree...
  Reading state information...
  Package ejabberd is not available, but is referred to by another package.
  is only available from another source

  E: Package 'ejabberd' has no installation candidate

The missing /etc/hostname is a bug in the test script, while the
missing ejabberd package in testing is a fatal problem for us.  Just
wanted to bring the test setup to your attention, and remind everyone
that we currently do not have a working XMPP server in the freedombox
setup. :(

JFYI
--
Happy hacking