[Freedombox-discuss] Freedombox now uses systemd (by accident...)

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Jun 14 13:13:00 UTC 2014

[Jonas Smedegaard]
> What do you mean by "install sysvinit-core again"?  Did you perhaps not
> test bootstrapping but reverting an already systemd-contaminated system?

Yes, I did.  Building the images using freedom-maker will end up with
systemd, so one need to revert it after boot.

> Did you test on unstable or testing?

I test on unstable, and I ran 'apt-get install sysvinit-core.  This
proposed to remove firewalld and freedombox-setup.  But when I instead
try to run 'apt-get install systemd-shim sysvinit-core', it do not
propose to remove freedombox-setup.  So you are right, it is possible
to still use sysvinit.

No idea why apt-get proposed to remove freedombox-setup when it isn't
required.  On the other hand, aptitude only propose to keep
freedombox-setup as its second proposal, so this issue is something
common to both apt and aptitude.

But as long as the default with freedom-maker end up with systemd, I
suspect it is less work for us to go with the flow and keep it.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen