[Freedombox-discuss] How to use JWChat on the freedombox?

Anders Jackson anders.jackson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:31:14 UTC 2014

Den 20 mar 2014 08:53 skrev "alberto fuentes" <pajaro at gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 11:06 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com>
wrote:

> > [Alberto Fuentes]
> >> echo "fb ip" fbx >>/etc/hosts
> >>
> >> then navigate to fbx
> >
> > You are right.  This actually work.  When I visit
> > http://<eth0-ip-on-freedombox/, I get the redirect to 403 Forbidden. If
> > I add fbx to /etc/hosts on my local machine and then access http://fbx/,
> > I get JWChat.
> >
> > This do not seem like a good idea.  I expected both URLs to work the
> > same.  Is there something we could change to get that behaviour?
>
> My guess is that this is work in progress... i figured out the way to
> access looking at the apache conf

Read about virtual servers in apache. It is the expected behaviour. You
need to access the web site with name and not with ip address.

> My other guess is that patches homogenizing apache conf are welcome :>

It should be a virtual web site enabled by the command a2ensite. Search and
look how it is done in Debian.

You need to add a file for each virtual site in /e/a/available-sites for
each virtual site. And then enable it with the command above.

/Anders