[Freedombox-discuss] What is new in FreedomBox version 0.2 compared to 0.1?

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 15:52:04 UTC 2014

Hi Pere!

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:
> What exactly is new in version 0.2 compared to version 0.1?  I belive
> we should make a list and put it in the wiki.  I never tried v0.1, so
> I do not know.

The 0.1 release announcement [0] featured a functioning Privoxy.
Everything else, since then, is new.

The full feature list now includes (by my count):

- JWChat (XMPP)
- Plinth
- Tor
- OwnCloud (with 4GB images)
- Privoxy
- Source packages
- dnsmasq
- Configuration management (etckeeper)

I wanted to put this up on the wiki last night, but was just too tired
to get to it.  List, please help yourselves to this task.

Nick

0: https://www.freedomboxfoundation.org/news/FreedomBox_version_0.1_Released/index.en.html