[Freedombox-discuss] What is new in FreedomBox version 0.2 compared to 0.1?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Thu Mar 20 16:11:36 UTC 2014

[Nick Daly]
> Hi Pere!

Hi. :)

> The 0.1 release announcement [0] featured a functioning Privoxy.
> Everything else, since then, is new.
>
> The full feature list now includes (by my count):
>
> - JWChat (XMPP)
> - Plinth
> - Tor
> - OwnCloud (with 4GB images)
> - Privoxy
> - Source packages
> - dnsmasq
> - Configuration management (etckeeper)

What about the ssh server?  Was it present in 0.1? And the latest
version contain avahi daemon, ldap server and lxc support.  There is
also a DNS and DHCP server handed out on eth1.  These are the open
ports:

root at freedombox:~# netstat -a|grep 'LISTEN '
tcp        0      0 *:ldap                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:xmpp-client           *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:4431                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:epmd                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:xmpp-server           *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:domain                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:52854         *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:9050          *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:57756                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:5280                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:8000          *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 freedombox:7777         *:*                     LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 [::]:ldap               [::]:*                  LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 [::]:http               [::]:*                  LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 [::]:domain             [::]:*                  LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 [::]:ssh                [::]:*                  LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 localhost:8118          [::]:*                  LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 [::]:https              [::]:*                  LISTEN
root at freedombox:~#

> I wanted to put this up on the wiki last night, but was just too
> tired to get to it.  List, please help yourselves to this task.

Yes, please help out. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen