[Freedombox-discuss] How to use JWChat on the freedombox?

James Valleroy james.valleroy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:03:17 UTC 2014

On Mon, Mar 17, 2014 at 6:06 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere at hungry.com> wrote:

> You are right.  This actually work.  When I visit
> http://<eth0-ip-on-freedombox/, I get the redirect to 403 Forbidden. If
> I add fbx to /etc/hosts on my local machine and then access http://fbx/,
> I get JWChat.
>
> This do not seem like a good idea.  I expected both URLs to work the
> same.  Is there something we could change to get that behaviour?

One way to fix this is to comment out the port 80 vhost in the plinth
apache configuration, and restart apache. So I would suggest splitting
plinth.conf into 2 files:
1) plinth.conf for HTTP (does nothing but redirect to HTTPS).
2) plinth-ssl.conf for HTTPS.

Then freedombox-setup can disable plinth.conf, since fbx.conf handles
the redirect as well.