[Freedombox-discuss] authenticating https clients through Monkeysphere

Ian Sullivan sullivan at softwarefreedom.org
Thu Mar 27 21:26:49 UTC 2014

On 03/27/2014 12:47 PM, Clint Adams wrote:
> Someone asked me to explain how to set up your own instance of
> Apache using MSVA, so here goes:

For those who have not been part of the various Monkeysphere-related
discussions in the past, what this means is that we now have software
that allows you to take a GPG subkey, transform it into a PKCS#12 client
certificate, and use Apache+mod_gnutls to authenticate someone based on
that GPG identity.

Now that there is a proof of concept for this, if anyone wants to try
and get the same trick to work with a different webserver, that would be
great!

-Ian