[Freedombox-discuss] Trouble Building Raspberry Pi Image

Chris Troutner chris.troutner at gmail.com
Thu May 1 17:43:12 UTC 2014

I edited this line in freedom-maker/bin/mk_freedombox_image...

# Packages to install in all FreedomBox environments
base_pkgs="apt base-files ifupdown initramfs-tools \
logrotate module-init-tools netbase rsyslog udev debian-archive-keyring"

...to add curl like this:

# Packages to install in all FreedomBox environments
base_pkgs="apt base-files ifupdown initramfs-tools \
logrotate module-init-tools netbase rsyslog udev debian-archive-keyring
curl"

Again, the image built and appears fine, but the Raspberry Pi does not boot.

I uploaded my freedombox.log file here: http://pastebin.com/rswEZVtm
I uploaded the screen log here: http://pastebin.com/v0aEa6y9

Did I edit the right line? Did I edit it correctly?

I'm starting to suspect there may be an issue with my build environment.
I'm thinking about re-installing Debian Jessie and creating my development
environment from scratch. Is there a list of the packages needed to
successfully build? I'm happy to test and document this if not. I've
already got a (messy) start on my running Freedombox blog:
http://experimentsinfreedom.wordpress.com/

Has anyone been able to successfully build and boot a Raspberry Pi image in
the last couple weeks?

I'd like to rule out if the issues I'm having are isolated to me, or if
they are more general in nature.

Cheers!

-Chris Troutner