[Freedombox-discuss] Switch to btrfs on the Freedombox?

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Mon Nov 3 14:47:46 UTC 2014

On Monday 03 November 2014 04:59 PM, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
[...]
> So the question to discuss is, should we (when the patch in the bug
> report above) switch the freedom-maker scripts to create systems with
> btrfs?  Anyone against it?

It would be nice to switch to Btrfs.

We could easily cook a preliminary Plinth UI module to take snapshots
and switch between snapshots.  There is also a proper package manager
coming to Plinth (for the sake of installing likes of ownCloud).  We
could the hook up the package manager to take a snapshot before any
package installation or system upgrade like is suggested.

--
Sunil