[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox - "Danube Edition"

Nick Daly nick.m.daly at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 02:51:03 UTC 2014

Hi Markus, I'm excited to see what you do with the November 2014 FreedomBox
Danube Edition.  As long as it's clear that it's a developer-preview, I
think it's a great idea.  I can't imagine what 100 live boxen could do for
the community!

However, I'd really appreciate it if you could keep a few things in mind
for me when putting it together, just to make sure we don't lose track of
anything important along the way.  Could you please:

- Write up your experience of booting the boxes: what worked, what didn't,
what should've been easier.

- Reporting any bugs you find, when you run into them.  I'm sure they're
there.  For example, I had trouble with DNS and SSH on my most recent test
images and haven't really gotten to the bottom of that yet.

- Make sure the box's administrator knows where to find documentation, as
well as the version they're running.  This should probably be handled in
Plinth better, but I haven't really thought about how to do that well.  I'm
open to any ideas!

Thanks for your help in all this, this was awesome to read about.

Nick