[Freedombox-discuss] Idea for cross freedombox email system not leaking metadata

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Nov 10 11:12:59 UTC 2014

Quoting Jonathan Wilkes (2014-11-10 00:42:12)
> There needs to be a more rigorous-- or at least explicit-- set of
> guidelines for what software may get included in Freedombox.

That sounds sensible to me.

> Currently all I've read is that the project should glue together
> pre-existing pieces of software, rather than designing or developing
> software specifically for the project.  (Or at least minimizing the
> amount of software specific to Freedombox.)

That sounds like my opinion.  More specifically pre-existing *Debian*
*packages*.

It seems my opinion is not shared by those developing and including
Plinth (it is packaged and in Debian but its package description if not
its actual code discourage any use outside of a FreedomBox context).

Also, if I am not mistaken, it seems to me that recent addition to
Plinth is support for a packaging format of its own - making not only
its central hib but also addon functionality specific to FreedomBox.