[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox - "Danube Edition"

Markus Sabadello markus at projectdanube.org
Wed Oct 22 11:32:22 UTC 2014

On 10/22/2014 01:19 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> Quoting Markus Sabadello (2014-10-22 12:49:15)
>> 1. just provide a simple service to send a few packaged boxes to an
>> interested audience
>> 2. try to add a few new functions to the project, such as Unhosted,
>> LDP,
>> ..
>>
>> Really such a bad idea..?
> Improving FreedomBox to support Unhosted and LDP is great.
>
> Boxing FreedomBox - even in its current form - is great.
>
> Selling boxed FreedomBox in its current form to non-techies is bad.
>
> [where "great" and "bad" in above impies "...in my opinion"]
100% agree.

I find that these days, the boundaries between "techies" and
"non-techies" are not so clear.
There are people who don't know the command line or technical details,
but still have a very good understanding of security and privacy risks,
and what can (not) protect them.
But I think I know what you mean, thanks.

I won't sell anything for now, just go into a few upcoming events and
talk about the idea, if that's okay.