[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox - "Danube Edition"

Ingo Stock mail at ingostock.de
Wed Oct 22 12:59:48 UTC 2014

On 22/10/14 13:20, Markus Sabadello wrote:
> Thanks Ingo, hope to meet you again at some point, like we did in Berlin
> a few months ago, and learn about your progress with FreeBox.

The project is on halt since i learned about the indiebox project, as
they are doing the exact same thing i had in mind, but probably a lot
better: http://indieboxproject.org/blog/, slides here:
http://indieboxproject.org/public/presentations/2014-05-iiw.pdf.

Brennan from Mailpile told me that they are planing to build an appstore
for home server apps, which is great. I hope Retroshare will make it
into the appstore.

I am also looking forward to see SMTorP working, sounds really great.
Maybe at some point Mailpile will also support Bitmessage, anyhow, i am
already sure Mailpile will be the ultimate messaging UI.

atb, ingo