[Freedombox-discuss] Torchat as Freedombox service?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sun Sep 21 21:41:10 UTC 2014

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> Hi.
>
> I had a look at torchat the other day, and it seem like an interesting
> chat solution that perhaps can replace XMPP in the Freedombox.  It set
> up person to person chat using tor hidden services (each user receive
> messages on a tor hidden service), and allow people knowing each
> others hidden service to talk to each other.

Hm, according to
TorChat "has largely been abandoned by users and its developers".  Not
quite sure how serious to take it coming from the competition, but
Ricochet definitely look like something to check out.  But Ricochet is
lacking in Debian so far, and no-one seem to be working on getting it
included either. :(

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen