[Freedombox-discuss] Quick report from GETD

Anders Jackson anders.jackson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 04:05:20 UTC 2015

Hello.

Den 5 apr 2015 17:09 skrev "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho at gmail.com>:
> On 5 April 2015 at 15:58, Markus Sabadello <markus at projectdanube.org>
wrote:
>> Am 4/5/2015 um 2:36 AM schrieb Melvin Carvalho:

>>> One thing I have not worked out for freedombox is how to connect my
storage to the web e.g. using dynamic dns over https.  If anyone has a
solution to this, or any ideas, I'd be interested to hear.

Why can't TLS, https, work with dynamic DNS?

>> We re using PageKite, FreedomBox already supports that.
>> And once Let's Encrypt is ready, https shouldn't be a problem either.
>

> Thanks, Im really excited about letsencrypt, as I understand it we can
test in around 1 month from now, so currently Im slightly in waiting mode.

> I have the domain myfbx.com which I used to run with HTTP with my freedom
box using dyndns.  But now the server I run is on HTTPS and most dyndns
services dont offer HTTPS at entry level.

Well, I use gratisdns.dk and they support using https to set up dynamic dns
for IPv4 and static addresses for IPv6.  They use https to set up DNS, but
can use http.

But that has nothing to do if I run my Web server with http, https or any
other protocol.

Did I missed something?

Yours, Anders.