[Freedombox-discuss] Re Can I use the Freedom box logo? & Maidsafe Packaging

sam at bristolwireless.net sam at bristolwireless.net
Wed Dec 16 12:01:40 UTC 2015

Hi all

> I think as long as you link back to the Freedombox and don't use the
> logo to indicate anything other than our project you are welcome to use
> the logo of course!

Great :)

> 1. http://safenetworkbackup.com/ features a freedombox logo at the
> bottom where the wings are partially cut of.

Fixed

> 2. there is a guide that you should have a look at before using the logo:
> https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/blob/master/static/themes/default/FreedomBox-Identity-Manual.pdf

Great, that's what I was looking for, is it possible to put a redirect
on the old URL: http://lists.freedomboxfoundation.org/s/info/visual to
this doc?

> btw: I'm not a developer but http://maidsafe.net/ looks like a *really*
> interesting project. Freedombox had this kind of backup in mind right
> from the start -

Indeed, I'm pretty excited by it. It's actually much broader in scope
than simple backups, I just chose to focus on that as it's a common
problem, and easily understood.

This video is a pretty good introduction:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdGH40oUVDY

Development can be tracked here:
https://forum.safenetwork.io/c/development/updates &
https://github.com/maidsafe

I think there is a good possibility it could become quite popular
quite quickly. I think it's an opportunity for Freedombox, as more
people will be buying small home servers to 'farm' SafeCoins
https://forum.safenetwork.io/t/best-farming-hardware/99. If Debian/
Freedombox was the go-to OS for that then you could piggy back on
their (possible) popularity.

There is a possible issue with packaging Rust packages for Debian:
https://forum.safenetwork.io/t/rust-and-debian-packaging/3797 I'm not
sure if anyone more technical can shed light on that?

Thanks

Sam

Ijust don't know in how far it wants or plans to make