[Freedombox-discuss] Raspberry Pi 2

Anders Jackson anders.jackson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:04:11 UTC 2015

> On Tuesday 03 February 2015 11:47 PM, Felix Oxley wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible that the Raspberry Pi 2 is or could become an/the ideal
>> platform fro FreedomBox?
>>
>> :-)
>
> Despite its shortcomings, it would be nice to have support for this
> popular device for the mind share that it has.

Yes, that is an huge advantage, and price is nice to $35.

> If someone already acquired one, it would be nice to try our current
> raspberry pi image and see if works.  After that we can build a armhf
> image rpi2 for full performance benefit.

No, have not yet.  But what I understand, the only thing that is
needed to get the 4 core to work is to add another kernel, then the
use space will be the same.  Recompiled to take advantages of the new
instruction set and its speed.

> --
> Sunil

/Jackson