[Freedombox-discuss] Raspberry Pi 2

Jens Thiele karme at karme.de
Thu Feb 5 08:55:51 UTC 2015

Sikko <sikko at gmx.net> writes:

> Hi,
>
> The point is not to have "purity" per-se, the world is not black-and-white.
>
> There are a few other scenario's to consider.
> Would you like more people to use Freedombox or are you OK with just a
> few people using it?
>
> Which scenario would be your preference:
>
> -Millions of Freedombox users on RPI's getting warned by the box once in
> a while to make sure to upgrade to OSHW boards and why, while protecting
> each other from being an easy target? If RPi is breached, it will still
> be more difficult to capture "all".

Sorry, but I don't see that happen. I think this scenario is
upside-down. People caring about privacy are interested in the
freedombox project and either choose some hardware platform for that
specific purpose or already have some hardware they would like to use
for that.

To close this thread (for me):

the point in that thread for me was:
Please recommend OSHW if asked which hardware to buy to build a
freedombox (no more, no less).