[Freedombox-discuss] Usable, affordable, oswh hardware with up-to-date kernel support?

Pieter van der Eems pieter at eemco.nl
Thu Feb 5 13:49:23 UTC 2015

Hi,

Triggerd bij the discussion about the rpi-2 I started looking for a
new board to use as a server. I looked at the FreedomBox
TargetedHardware (https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/TargetedHardware,
thanks for the link, Its' very hard to find a oshw list using
duckduckgo).

The only board that are oshw complaint on that list are the OLinuXino
boards and the Radxa Rocks. They also supply direct ethernet and sata.
So far so good. Here comes the problem though, non of these sbc's has
an up-to-date kernel, 3.4 is the best these things can do.

Are there any oshw compliant affordable boards in development that
will have kernel support?