[Freedombox-discuss] Intel Compute Stick

Blibbet blibbet at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 23:47:17 UTC 2015

> An Intel board was added recently (or maybe 3:
> Possibly Intel is involved also in the MinnowBoard).

Yes, Intel is involved with the MinnowBoard. (Already replaced by the
Minnow MAX.) The Minnow is Intel's Yocto hacker dev board, and it is the
low-end UEFI dev board. You can -- now, not initially -- update the UEFI
firmware on the Minnow, with an SDK from Intel. I'm not sure if the EULA
fine print will make the Minnnow toolchain incompatible with FreedomBox.
The Minnow is Intel's definition of Open Hardware (no NDAs required).

http://iafirmware.com/content/minnowboard-uefi-firmware-eula
http://iafirmware.com/projects/minnowboard-uefi-firmware
http://www.minnowboard.org/meet-minnowboard-max/

It is probably too small for FBX, but there is also the Intel Edison,
which Intel is using for the Internet-of-Things. Runs Yocto, uses
Arduino toolchain, and competes with Arduino hardware. Unsure if it uses
UEFI or not, will know in a week or so, when Intel Edison roadshow
passes through town.

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/do-it-yourself/edison.html