[Freedombox-discuss] x86 instalation

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Sun Jan 25 12:49:02 UTC 2015

[sent again, cc the list this time]

Quoting Nick B-T (2015-01-25 13:37:58)
> Please could someone sum up why freedom box is aimed at specific
> hardware rather than being x86 generic?  Thanks.

FreedomBox is _not_ tied to specific hardware - not x86 either.

FreedomBox goal is a system that can run on small cheap plug-sized
hardware and self-serve stuff now commonly hosted centrally.  Same
system can just as well be run on other systems too, but for developing
the system we need to make sure it _also_ runs on tiny hardware, that's
why we track a reference system and particular hardware.