[Freedombox-discuss] Wiki content proposals

Philippe Baret philophil_debian at hyperlecture.net
Mon Nov 9 00:57:53 UTC 2015

Hello Petter

I did not quote understand what you mean here.

-  Sorry :) I am taking wiki for what it is, documents opened to all. I
am trying to push its potential. Translation only is kind of boring.

How do you plan to keep this French edition in sync with the English
version on <URL: https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Manual >?

-  Notifications and helping cleaning english documents. It is not
crowded yet.

I strongly recommend maintaining translations using PO files instead.

-  "Medium is the message". If you build a manual on wiki, you have
pages opened to contributions and local creation. If you are using PO,
you can do an official PDF manual. I trust this is a question of
development stage and that, later, there will be some talks about how to
handle official manual and community pages.

git and PO files directly were a very high bar of entry for
non-technical contributors.  Using Transifex as the editor removed the
fear of git conflicts and allowed several to work on the same texts
without any problems.  Any shared web editor for PO files would work.
There are several, with widely different user interfaces and ease of
use.

-  Interesting

Philippe