[Freedombox-discuss] "Why Johnny Still, Still Can’t Encrypt: Evaluating the Usability of a Modern PGP Client"

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Mon Nov 9 15:59:50 UTC 2015

I find this user testing report by Scott Ruoti, Jeff Andersen, Daniel
Zappala and Kent Seamons very interesting.  Check out
  This paper presents the results of a laboratory study involving
  Mailvelope, a modern PGP client that integrates tightly with existing
  webmail providers. In our study, we brought in pairs of participants
  and had them attempt to use Mailvelope to communicate with each
  other. Our results shown that more than a decade and a half after Why
  Johnny Can’t Encrypt, modern PGP tools are still unusable for the
  masses.  We finish with a discussion of pain points encountered using
  Mailvelope, and discuss what might be done to address them in future
  PGP systems.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen