[Freedombox-discuss] New hardware: A20 OLinuXino MICRO and Lime2

Sunil Mohan sunil at medhas.org
Thu Nov 19 04:23:07 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have built FreedomBox images[1] for two new devices yesterday:

- A20 OLinuXino Lime2
(Thanks to FreedomBox Foundation for hardware)

- A20 OLinuXino MICRO
(Thanks to Bhuvan Krisha from Swecha for hardware)

These devices are Open Source Hardware and are good considerations right
next to BeagleBone Black and Cubietruck.  They are attractively priced too.

I could not perform tests on former due to poor power supply that I
have.  If any one has the Lime2, please try it out and report the
results.  I will be updating the wiki with relevant details soon.

The effort to add the support was quite less thanks to good support in
upstream kernel, upstream u-boot and Debian.  The patch[2] to support
both the hardware was so simple that it needed only 52 lines insertions
and 10 lines deletions.

Links:

1) http://ftp.skolelinux.org/pub/freedombox/nightly/
2) https://github.com/freedombox/freedom-maker/pull/31