[Freedombox-discuss] New hardware: A20 OLinuXino MICRO and Lime2

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Nov 19 08:05:05 UTC 2015

Quoting Sunil Mohan (2015-11-19 05:23:07)
> I have built FreedomBox images[1] for two new devices yesterday:
>
> - A20 OLinuXino Lime2
> (Thanks to FreedomBox Foundation for hardware)
>
> - A20 OLinuXino MICRO
> (Thanks to Bhuvan Krisha from Swecha for hardware)

That's great news!

> These devices are Open Source Hardware and are good considerations
> right next to BeagleBone Black and Cubietruck.  They are attractively
> priced too.

Cubietruck is not OpenSource Hardware, I believe.

While the Cubieboard developer "has been working with the sunxi
community from the start", none of the Cubie boards provide source code
for designing board wiring: https://linux-sunxi.org/Buying_guide

> I could not perform tests on former due to poor power supply that I
> have.

Avoid USB as power source - it is not reliable.  Use the 5V power plug
and/or a battery - the board can use both simultanously:
https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A20-OLinuXino-LIME2#Power_supply_and_consumption