[Freedombox-discuss] Need help with getting start

ndcd ndcdhimdsa at gmx.de
Mon Nov 23 19:02:44 UTC 2015

I want to give freedom box a trial. For this I am using an old laptop
with ethernet and WLAN connection and installed first sid then
freedombox according to the manual. setup was run of course.
Now, according to the "Quick Start" I should be able to connect (from a
2nd laptop in the same local network) to the new freedombox.
http://freedombox.local/ gives "server not found"
and
nmap -p 80 --open -sV 192.168.0.0/24
Starting Nmap 6.47 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2015-11-23 19:55 CET
Nmap done: 256 IP addresses (0 hosts up) scanned in 104.30 seconds

Internet connection is active as I can do an apt-get update.
What did I miss?

Thanks for your support.
   Dietmar