[Freedombox-discuss] Wiki content proposals

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Wed Nov 25 14:19:11 UTC 2015

[Philippe]
> So Transifex is used now for Plinth accurate translations (PO
> files). It may be transitory or not.  While i was talking about an
> another subject, it appears that i had some warnings on debian-www irc
> about this particular FreedomBox move as Transifex is not free (same
> for GitHub).  I trust we will advertise in debian-publicity the
> project and we'll have the same reactions.

I assume this was well known when Transifex was selected.  At least I
was well aware of it.  I suggested Transifex because I knew a few
Norwegian translators already using Transifex would be willing to help
if we used it.  After all, Transifex is simply an editor.  We still have
control over the files. :)

Are there any good free alternatives, that is as easy to use for
non-technical users?  And with acceptable usage terms?

Poodle was not too easy for non-technical usres the last time I checked
it (which is a while back, hopefully things are better now), and
as the terms state that they can can change at any moment and a user is
said to be bound by such new terms immediately.  At least Transifex
might send out a warning when they change the terms.  Their terms are
not great either, thought.

--
Vennlig hilsen
Petter Reinholdtsen