[Freedombox-discuss] Installation and general questions

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Fri Nov 27 13:12:55 UTC 2015

On 11/27/2015 04:02 PM, Daniel Steglich wrote:
> Hi Dieter,
>
> "However, the "fbox"-user has not been created, or can not be used."
>  There is a default user named "fbx" (but only for SSH / local
> console access). If you want to access plinth, you have to create a
> user (as you did).

Also, if you installed freedombox-setup on a Debian machine, 'fbx' user
is not created.  Default 'fbx' user on FreedomBox images will be deleted
soon too (for another solution).

On 11/27/2015 12:54 PM, Dieter wrote:
> And then there is the "Domain-Name" thing. When i enter
> whicheverhost.sds-ip.de, plinth tells me "Invalid Domainname"

If you referring to Dynamic DNS, see what Daniel said.

If you are referring to the setting the domain name in 'Config' screen,
validation for that has been fixed and fix will be available in 0.7.
There is also another open issue regarding it not getting set properly.
 We are, in general, redoing the entire domain name handling with
awesome stuff.

--
Sunil