[Freedombox-discuss] Wireless Mesh Netowrking

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Thu Oct 8 11:25:57 UTC 2015

Quoting Petter Reinholdtsen (2015-10-08 12:21:06)
>> FYI
>> Amateur Radio Emergency Data Network
>> http://www.AREDN.org/
>>
>> They're building a mesh network along the west coast of the U.S.A.
>> starting in San Diego County.
>
> This reminds me of the question of mesh protocol.
>
> Which mesh protocol should we set up with the Freedombox?  It is also
> a question of what community we want the FreedomBox to join?

FreedomBox is, I believe, targeted non-technical users.

Hence only stuff usable without administration at all(!) should be
considered, in my opinion.

Do any mesh networking protocol work reliably today without
administration at all?  Any of those in Debian?  With the configuration
currently setup by the Debian package?