[Freedombox-discuss] New Server Monthly Progress Call this Sunday

Marc Jones mjones at softwarefreedom.org
Wed Oct 21 23:39:32 UTC 2015

We have our monthly progress call coming up this Sunday at 6PM UTC.

I think with the 0.5 release we have a good stable system that is worthy
of us starting to self host stuff. To that end the FreedomBox Foundation
has put up a freedombox running at fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org. Don't
get to excited yet, my network administrator is a little paranoid, but I
did get him to open up port 64738 for both TCP and UDP so we can host
our mumbles calls on a Freedombox. Port 64738 is the default port for
mumbles.

Server name: fbx.freedomboxfoundation.org
Port: 64738 TCP/UDP

Please reconfigure your clients to point to that server before the
progress call Sunday and make sure you are able to connect.  I have
tested from home, from work, over Tor, and off of my phone and haven't
had any issues. But if you have any issues let me know.

--
Marc Jones
Counsel
Email: mjones at softwarefreedom.org