[Freedombox-discuss] Release testing for FreedomBox 0.6 / raspberry

Sunil Mohan sunil at medhas.org
Fri Oct 23 06:53:06 UTC 2015

On 10/23/2015 04:36 AM, Ralf Barkow wrote:
> After I use
> build/freedombox-unstable-nonfree_2015-10-18_raspberry-armel.img for
> testing, System Diagnostics give me the error message below. After
> Plinth first-boot wizard shows up, I am able to set hostname and create
> an admin user. Right then I have run the System Diagnostics:
> "PyGIWarning: PackageKitGlib was imported without specifying a version
> first" (details below, Tor not yet installed).

This is a warning asking us to change to the new style of working of a
library we use.  We have fixed this recently after the release is made.
 It is completely harmless though.

https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/pull/250
https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/247

> Regarding the following extract from /var/log/freedombox-setup.log, I'd
> like to add, that there is more than one "E: Can not write log ...).
>
> --- System Diagnostics: ---
>
> ('tor', '', '/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/plinth/package.py:26:
> PyGIWarning: PackageKitGlib was imported without specifying a version
> first. Use gi.require_version(\'PackageKitGlib\', \'1.0\') before import
> to ensure that the right version gets loaded.\n from gi.repository
> import PackageKitGlib as packagekit\nTraceback (most recent call
> last):\n File "/usr/share/plinth/actions/tor", line 270, in <module>\n
> main()\n File "/usr/share/plinth/actions/tor", line 266, in main\n
> subcommand_method(arguments)\n File "/usr/share/plinth/actions/tor",
> line 196, in subcommand_get_ports\n with open(TOR_STATE_FILE, \'r\') as
> state_file:\nFileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> \'/var/lib/tor/state\'\n')

This is a known issue that we are running diagnostics on a module that
has not yet been setup.  It is being tracked here:

https://github.com/freedombox/Plinth/issues/248

>     (...)
>  *** A reboot is needed to activate the new firmware

This message seems to be thrown by the Raspberry Pi kernel update
script.  We are complying with the request as this appears during setup
process (during image building) and then we actually boot and re-boot on
the actual device after that.

> --- /var/log/freedombox-setup.log: ---
>     (...)
>  create mode 100644 xml/xml-core.xml
> Fetched 3534 kB in 4s (846 kB/s)
> E: Can not write log (Is /dev/pts mounted?) - posix_openpt (2: No such
> file or directory)
> Selecting previously unselected package binutils.
> (Reading database ... 44176 files and directories currently installed.)
> Preparing to unpack .../binutils_2.25.1-7_armel.deb ...
>     (...)
[...]
> Get:6 http://localhost:3142/debian/ sid/main debootstrap all 1.0.72
> [65.0 kB]
> Fetched 777 kB in 1s (578 kB/s)
> E: Can not write log (Is /dev/pts mounted?) - posix_openpt (2: No such
> file or directory)
> Selecting previously unselected package libnih1.
>     (...)

We are seeing this in the log of all the other images too.  It seems
harmless.  However, to get rid of it, looks like we need to have devpts
file system mounted.  I created a bug with the vmdebootstrap package
which is responsible for this:

Thank you,

--
Sunil