[Freedombox-discuss] Nighlies for Raspberry old ?

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Wed Aug 3 05:28:17 UTC 2016

On 08/02/2016 11:51 PM, Karlheinz Meier wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I wanted to get some Features which are already committed to the codebase.
> As far as I understadn the concept of nightlies, they are built every night
> with the latest code which does compile.
>
> As there are some features on post-0.9 like Batman Meshing and some kind
> of integration of external storage space, I would like to install them.

We haven't yet made a release of the changes after 0.9.  So, BATMAN
changes are also unreleased as of now.

> Unfortunaltely, the latest Raspberry Pi Nightly  at
> http://ftp.skolelinux.org/pub/freedombox/nightly/
> is of 27th May 2015.
> The "Latest" dates to 3rd July 2016.

The last built nightly is actually before the 0.9 release, so the
nightlies are older than the latest release build.

> I would like some 1st August Nightly for private testing.
>
> Can I build a Raspberry Pi Image myself ?
> How do I do that ?
> Or is the current nightly at another location ?

You can do that with freedom-maker[1].  Build instructions are
available.  Note that when building the latest image, released Debian
packages are used and so BATMAN changes will still not be present in the
image.

I can privately give you my latest Plinth .deb file that can then used
with freedom-maker to create an image with all the latest changes.

Links:

1) https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Maker

--
Sunil