[Freedombox-discuss] radicale rights

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Tue Dec 13 17:28:56 UTC 2016

On 12/12/2016 04:09 PM, permondes - sagen wrote:
> I just let radicale get updated, which was held back since 6-Dec. Now I
> cannot access the calender file any more, but it is still existing.
> I checked the "config" file and found it is mostly just comments. These
> parameters are not set any more:
>> [server]
>> hosts= ...
>> base_prefix=
>> [well-known]
>> caldav=
>> carddav=
>> [auth]
>> type=remote-user
> I checkmarked in Plinth the "owner only" and it is correctly set.
> Before re-setting the old parameters, did anything change in the
> handling of access rights in radicale?

Was there a conffile prompt during the upgrade? It looks like the issue
is that the file that Plinth modifies is a conffile owned by radicale
package. So if there are updates to the packaged file, you get a prompt
asking which one to keep. If you pick "no", then you will keep your
current settings, but might miss important updates (maybe not in this
particular case, but in general).

I opened a bug report
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=848064) to suggest a
fix for this issue.

For now, as a workaround, you could pick "yes" to get the upgraded file,
then run this command to re-configure with our default settings:
$ sudo /usr/share/plinth/actions/radicale setup

--
James