[Freedombox-discuss] own cloud data folder change

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Mon Feb 15 04:05:08 UTC 2016

On 02/13/2016 08:21 PM, Stacy Cockrum wrote:

> Can I mount that drive to the data folder that own cloud points to so I
> do not have to
> change anything in own cloud configuration?
>
> Yes.  That's the configuration I'm using for a Raspberry Pi2 setup.  The
> external partition is mounted at /var/lib/owncloud/data.  I had to make
> sure www-data was the owner and group for all the directories and
> files.  I also copied hidden files (.htaccess and .ocdata) to the root
> level of the external partition.  Lastly, the partition was added to
> /etc/fstab, as follows:
>
> UUID=####       /var/lib/owncloud/data       ext4
> auto,rw,suid,dev,exec,nouser,async      0       0
>
> I originally attempted to change the directory in config.php to a
> different directory but couldn't get it to work successfully.
>
> Hope this makes sense.  This was my first experience with owncloud,
> consequently, I don't know what the experience is if the partition had
> existing files. I'm also a novice when it comes to this type of work.
> Please excuse if my terminology is not correct.

There is another way to get external hard drive files into ownCloud.
That is using the ownCloud's data plugin.

1) Install two packages on the command line:

  $ sudo apt-get install php-dropbox php-google-api-php-client

(The necessity to do this is a bug and will be fixed soon in FreedomBox
or ownCloud Debian package.)

2) Goto ownCloud Apps section and enable 'External Storage Support' plugin.

3) Goto 'Admin' section and add your hard drive mount path in the
external storage section.  This will now show up in your folders list.

--
Sunil