[Freedombox-discuss] freedombox on fit-pc4

Jan Costermans jancostermans at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 19:47:04 UTC 2016

Hello,

This weekend, I have been trying to install freedombox on a fit-pc4 pro [1].
The installation went ok, but I can't get the wireless access point working.

- Installation steps -

1. Install debian (netinstall) - use fbx as the user
2. upgrade to testing (and add contrib non-free to the sources.list)
3. Get the GPU and wifi working:
  - The GPU is an AMD Radeon HD8400E
  - The wifi is an intel 7260 (uses iwlwifi) and *should* support AP mode.
    apt-get install firmware-linux-nonfree firmware-iwlwifi libgl1-mesa-dri
xserver-xorg-video-ati
4. Install freedombox on debian as described in the manual [2]

After rebooting, freedombox is working and the wifi adapter is recognized.

5. I configured the freedombox as wireless access point and activated the
WiFi interface (in plinth). However after a while (about half a minute) the
WiFi is automatically deactivated (in plinth).

*My question: *What could be causing this problem? Which log files can I
check for errors?

PS: freedombox on my olinuxino lime2 box is still working great!

[1]
http://www.fit-pc.com/web/products/specifications/fit-pc4-models-specifications/?model[]=fit-PC4-CG420-WACB-FM4U&model[]=fit-PC4-CA125-WB-FM4U

[2] https://wiki.debian.org/FreedomBox/Hardware/Debian