[Freedombox-discuss] FreedomBox 0.8 Released!

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Thu Feb 25 19:28:22 UTC 2016

On 02/25/2016 10:07 AM, Sunil Mohan Adapa wrote:
> On 02/25/2016 07:49 AM, James Valleroy wrote:
>> On 02/22/2016 07:49 PM, tong hui wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I didn't see Chinese in Plinth interface language list, dose it
>>> available now?
>>>

>> It should have been in this release, but there's a bug in Plinth that
>> prevents it from showing up in the language list. Sorry, we should have
>> checked that before release.
>>
>> I don't have a complete solution yet, but as soon as this issue is
>> solved, we can release another Plinth package with the fix.
>>

> Django itself is using zh_CN internally for all this modules. This led
> me to use the zh_CN instead of alternatives. Django has a kind of
> mapping to handle zh_CH -> zh_hans. I will check up further today. My
> apologies for not testing this properly. I rather treated it like a
> regular language addition.
>
> We should in fact make a quick point release with this fix.

James is right about the rename from zh_CN to zh_Hans.  It appears zh_CN
is deprecated and everyone must move to zh_Hans.  The patch worked with
a minor correction (zh_hans -> zh_Hans).  I have tested with explicit
language selection and also implicitly by changing language settings in
browser.  Even "zh-cn" in Firefox worked fine.  The patch is now merged.

--
Sunil