[Freedombox-discuss] Landing page content

Adrian Gropper agropper at healthurl.com
Sun Jan 17 21:15:27 UTC 2016

Just because we don't have good examples of Free (as in freedom) virtual
hosts today does not mean that they will not become available tomorrow. Can
we imagine FreedomBox on a future kind of Ethereum?

But even if we're stuck with the insecure and centralized virtual hosts we
have today, I argue that a low cost FreedomBox container is essential from
day one for many mission-critical uses like healthcare or as limited backup
for some of the functionality of a home FreedomBox. For example, my home
FreedomBox might be disconnected by a centralized ISP, but a hosted limited
backup would be accessible to me via the cell network from home or anywhere
else.

Virtual hosting is going to be a worse privacy, security, and
centralization risk than their ISP for many users on day one. I hope
FreedomBox makes that a first-class option.

Adrian

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 2:54 PM, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/17/16, sam at bristolwireless.net <sam at bristolwireless.net> wrote:
> > I do appreciate the point :)
>
> it was rude. i owe you more constructive feedback,
>

> > that you so quickly dismiss.
>
> in less jest,
>  devices which can be obtained in person with cash are better.
>   do you have a localbitcoin account for delivery of pre-installs? :)
>
> this came up due to postal interdiction of Amazon and other shipments.
> even Cisco is sometimes shipping through drop houses!
>
> admitedly "no shipping" is a high bar.
>
> best regards,

Adrian Gropper MD

PROTECT YOUR FUTURE - RESTORE Health Privacy!
HELP us fight for the right to control personal health data.
DONATE: http://patientprivacyrights.org/donate-2/