[Freedombox-discuss] Apt anomaly when going through privoxy.

Daniel Gnoutcheff gnoutchd at softwarefreedom.org
Tue Jul 5 14:14:41 UTC 2016

On 07/02/2016 09:42 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 11:36:22AM -0400, Daniel Gnoutcheff wrote:
>> On 06/28/2016 08:59 PM, A. F. Cano wrote:
>>> I have noticed that if privoxy is enabled, when doing an apt download from
>>> internal machines, if it fails, aptitude retries but starts at the
>>> beginning again.
>>
>> My Google-fu suggests that Privoxy filters out the "Range" HTTP request
>
> I wouldn't have known to look for a Range HTTP request...

Yep, I figured it was the hint we needed. ;)  I just happen to know
about range requests from messing with wget's --continue option.

Of course, the best hint would be from someone who uses privoxy and who
has devised a workaround for this.  (Not me. :P)  If privoxy has a
mailing list (it probably does), someone there might know.

Have a good one,
Daniel