[Freedombox-discuss] Quassel Firewall

Sunil Mohan Adapa sunil at medhas.org
Sat Jun 11 11:27:55 UTC 2016

On 06/11/2016 01:46 PM, Dietmar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I installed quassel on my FBx but could not access it, neither through
> quassel-client from Debian, nor quasseldroid.
> So I checked the Firewall status, it says
>
>> *IRC Client (Quassel)* 	Aktiviert
>> /quasselcore/ 	Geblockt
>>
> Is my understanding right that the firewall is inhibiting access to
> quasselcore?

We've seen regression regarding firewall operation of Quassel and a
couple of other applications.  This is fixed in the latest master.

Workaround:

firewall-cmd --zone=internal --add-service=quassel-plinth
firewall-cmd --zone=internal --permanent --add-service=quassel-plinth
firewall-cmd --zone=external --add-service=quassel-plinth
firewall-cmd --zone=external --permanent --add-service=quassel-plinth

--
Sunil