[Freedombox-discuss] problems connecting to Tor hidden service

DJ dgj+lists at systemli.org
Sat Jun 18 13:54:49 UTC 2016

Hi all,

some more information in case someone can help me.

Reminder: The problem connecting via Tor started after rebooting my
FreedomBox.

I can ssh into the FBX using the clearnet. I have disabled and
renenabled Tor from Plinth, as described in my email from yesterday (see
below).

Today I have restarted Tor in my FBX with the following command as root:

root at debian:/home/fbx# service tor restart

I have checked the status of Tor:

fbx at debian:~$ systemctl status tor.service
● tor.service - Anonymizing overlay network for TCP (multi-instance-master)
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/tor.service; enabled; vendor
preset: enabled)
   Active: active (exited) ...
  Process: 9957 ExecStart=/bin/true (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 9957 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
   CGroup: /system.slice/tor.service

Finally, I have checked that the Tor service is running on port 9050:

fbx at debian:~$ ss -aln | grep 9050
u_str  LISTEN     0      128    /run/systemd/private 9050
  * 0
tcp    LISTEN     0      128       *:9050                  *:*

tcp    LISTEN     0      128      :::9050                 :::*

Is there any other information I should provide?

I really appreciate any help from the FreedomBox community!

Cheers,
DJ

P.s. Thanks, James, for the information regarding
/etc/apache2/sites-available/plinth.conf and Plinth access being
restricted to certain IP ranges. I hope to try and figure that out once
I get Tor working.