[Freedombox-discuss] A worthwhile optimisation?

Petter Reinholdtsen pere at hungry.com
Sat Mar 5 06:51:23 UTC 2016

[Sandy Harris]
> A google-developed module to improve Apache or nginx performance:
> http://www.tecmint.com/install-mod_pagespeed-to-boost-apache-nginx-performance/

This seem like an interesting system, but it is unclear to me exactly
what it is doing.  The description indicate that it is rewriting HTML
and image files before serving them.  This sound a bit risky to me, but
might work just fine if done right.

Anyway, if we were to include it in FreedomBox, it would need to get
into Debian first.  I suggest you submit a 'request for package' WNPP
request to at least get that out of the way, as the first step to
getting it into Debian.

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen