[Freedombox-discuss] ejabberd is not running

Strathy strathgowan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:42:13 UTC 2016

Sorry ... I should have added more information.

I'm running Fbx on a Pi2.
I downloaded the 'latest' version for Pi2 from here:
http://ftp.skolelinux.org/pub/freedombox/latest/
My Plinth version is 0.7.1 ... and does not seem to be updating. Manual
update did not update it either.  Not sure why.

I've looked at the logs as suggested but don't understand everything I'm
seeing there.  Will look at that more later to try to understand.

More on the XMPP problem:

I found out that ejabberd was running and available UNTIL I added a domain
name in the Configuration.  That is when the dot turns red and says
'ejabberd is not running'.

Maybe the domain name needs to be set before installing the Chat Server?