[Freedombox-discuss] Domains in Let's encrypt

James Valleroy jvalleroy at mailbox.org
Mon May 2 21:25:02 UTC 2016

On 05/02/2016 02:10 PM, Dietmar wrote:
> With this, and some mails that will follow, I am surely qualifying as
> the stupid user this project is eventually designed for ;-).
>
> First topic is Let's encrypt. It's up and running, but no domains are
> listed in Plinth. (Of course, I did not tell the domain names). So,
> how do I tell Let's encrypt for which domains it shall generate the
> certificate?
> My current home-page (see below) still has the certificate signed for
> local only.
>
> PS: On one hand, I want to make use of the box as much as possible, on
> the other, I want to support the project with my questions to have it
> eventually as "idiot proof" as possible, and I fear I am good at that ;- )

The domains used for Let's Encrypt can come from 2 places:
1. The Domain Name set on the System -> Configure page.
2. The Kite name configured on the Pagekite page.
These will be shown on the Name Services page if they are configured.

This needs to be documented better, in the user manual and/or in Plinth.

Also, if the Domain Name doesn't show up after setting, you may need to
either change your hostname, or edit /etc/hosts to move the hostname
from the 127.0.0.1 line to the 127.0.1.1 line.

Thanks for testing!
--
James