[Freedombox-discuss] Domains in Let's encrypt

Dietmar ndcdhimdsa at gmx.de
Tue May 3 17:57:32 UTC 2016

Am Dienstag, den 03.05.2016, 19:32 +0200 schrieb Dietmar:

> Am Dienstag, den 03.05.2016, 19:29 +0200 schrieb Dietmar:
>
> > Am Montag, den 02.05.2016, 23:17 +0200 schrieb Saúl Ibarra
> > Corretgé:
> >
> > > Hi!

> > > Go to the system configuration (the wheel icon at the top right) and
> > > there to Configure. Once you enter the Domain Name it will show up as a
> > > candidate in the letsencrypt section.

> > > :-)
> > >

> > > Cheers,
> >
> > Oh my god, I even translated this bit and did not think of it :-(. I
> > just did not make the connection.
> > Thanks Saul, James.
> > As far as I understand, the domain is now a candidate for
> > letsencrypt. When should I check again if the key was generated?
> >

> Oh again, already done. I will put it briefly in the wiki.

Giving it another thought about the wiki (and actually the structure of
features in Plinth).
I am collecting some of my learnings on my homepage. Part of it is
copied to the wiki as well, but I just like thinks my way - sometimes.
So in this collection I created a chapter "external access" in which I
describe DynDNS, PageKite and Let's Encrypt. It's in German, but maybe
it can be understood nevertheless:
https://divmondes.sds-ip.de/ikiwiki/iizathome/vernetzt/ExternerZugriff/
My suggestion is to use a similar approach for the manual and also the
Plinth interface. So to list features by functionality for user, rather
than by package. What's the general opinion? I would work it out in more
detail next week if it's of interest.